Friends of the Ann Arbor District Library
booksale
Book Shop Hours:
Saturdays: 10-4
Sundays: 1-4

Prices:
Most books - $2 or less
CDs - $2
DVDs - $3 to $5

Location:
Downtown Library
   Lower Level

Phone:
734-302-7774

Home

News Briefs

Book Shop

Calendar

How to Donate Books

E-Mail List

Valuable Books Online

Contact Us

Membership

About the Friends



Ann Arbor District Library


Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Book Shop

The Friends Book Shop has closed its doors for the season, due to the elevator repairs at the Downtown Library.

However, we now have a Mini-Book Shop on the first floor of the Downtown Library. All books are $2 and can be purchased at the checkout counter, during regular Library hours.
AADL

The Friends of the Ann Arbor District Library manage the
Friends Book Shop located on the lower level of the
Downtown Library, 343 S. Fifth Ave.

The Book Shop opened its doors in 1980 for the purpose of selling used books inexpensively within the community. We also sell books in some of the branch libraries. Our proceeds support District Library projects such as the Summer Reading Program and bus transportation for 2nd Grade Visits to the library.


• The Book Shop is staffed by volunteers. Throughout the year we sort, shelve and price donations and staff the shop when it is open to the public.

We accept donations of hard and soft-cover books, puzzles, CDs and DVDs throughout the year. About 10% of the books come from library withdrawals, while the other 90% come from the public. To learn more about donating materials, see How to Donate Books.

• The Book Shop is a bustling place. We recycle over 200,000 books each year to the community at bargain prices. The mystery, science fiction, performing arts, classic novel, and hard-cover fiction sections are alphabetized. We have a special area for children's books. Several thousand items are available for sale, and the shop is regularly restocked with a steady supply of new titles.

Our inventory also includes gently used CDs, DVDs, and sheet music. Volunteers check our jigsaw puzzles to ensure all the pieces are there.

Please Note:
• Donations may be brought to the back of the Downtown Library at the William St. entrance during library business hours. If you need your donations picked up, please call the Book Shop number.
• Donations may be eligible for a tax deduction on federal income taxes.

For additional information on donations, see How to Donate Books.